Recipe by: Hey Grill Hey by Susie Bulloch
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a delicious and decadent side dish when you want something a bit fancy with minimal work. When asparagus is wrapped in bacon and drizzled in olive oil you’re in for an awesome flavor treat!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 strips bacon cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill. Prepare your grill to cook at Medium-High heat (around 400-450 degrees F). Rinse the asparagus and pat dry.
- Trim the asparagus. Lay the asparagus flat on a cutting board and trim the ends by bending the bottom of the asparagus until it naturally snaps. This will ensure you don’t have any woody pieces in your bundles. If you prefer to trip with a knife, trim at least an inch and a half up the stem.
- Season. Drizzle the asparagus with the olive oil and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Gently roll around the cutting board to ensure all of the asparagus has been seasoned.
- Wrap in bacon. Gather the asparagus into bundles of 6-8 shoots and wrap with a half piece of bacon. Try gently tucking the end of the bacon into itself at the end to secure. Toothpicks are also an option to secure the bacon, but be sure to remove them before serving.
- Grill the bacon wrapped asparagus. Place the bundles directly on the grill grates and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until the asparagus is tender and the bacon is crisp. Serve immediately.